Based on the success of the Certificate Course, C-QuIPS was awarded a contract from the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care to provide education and support to physicians enrolled in the MOHLTC's Most Responsible Physician Quality Improvement Program. Delivered in April and May 2011, the two introductory workshops to provide training in basic quality improvement training garnered uniformly enthusiastic evaluations:
- "It was inspiring"
- "I learned more in 1 hour than my entire Master's degree"
- "It was the best learning experience I've ever had"
From these very successful MRP Workshops, the Centre developed two-day intensive Safety and Quality Improvement Workshops. First offered in Fall 2011, these workshops are geared towards those who have little to no background in this field and would like to learn more, but do not have the time to devote to a course running over several months.
Using a mixture of didactic lectures, interactive discussions and activities, topics covered include:
- Developing effective quality improvement Projects
- Using the Model for Improvement
- Anticipating and addressing implementation problems
- Run charts and statistical process control
- Harnessing small sample sizes in PDSA cycles
- Stakeholder engagement
The workshop is delivered to professional groups of 15-20 participants. Aspects of the workshop are customized to meet the distinct needs of the professional group.
Previous participants have come from a broad range of professional roles including physician and nursing groups, and represent institutions including major teaching hospitals and community hospitals as well as the University of Toronto and University of Buffalo.
The feedback has been very positive:
- "For the first time in a workshop I enjoyed the interactive activities used to demonstrate points"
- "I can't wait for Day 2! Thank you for making Pt Safety/QI FUN to learn & engage in !!!"
- "Loved the entire morning. I am connecting the content to so many things we are doing!"
- "Excellent content + presentations"
- "Worthwhile definitely keen to explore more"
Is your institution or department interested in offering a QI workshop?
Please contact Lisha Lo for more details.
email@example.com | 416-813-7654 ext. 228513